Use this valuable Unit Standard Course to learn about Render Basic First Aid – Level 2 for a successful learner of this Unit Standard to be able to function.
In this Course you will learn the following:
This Unit Standard is to enable learners to render basic first aid, to ensure that they contribute to a safe, healthy environment for themselves and others, and that physical harm to individuals is minimized.
The Module consist of the following:
- Intervene in a first aid scenario.
- Potential hazards around an injured person are identified and eliminated.
- Visible vital signs of the injured person are examined.
- The telephone number of emergency services in the area are known or accessed.
- Assistance is requested.
- The injured is reassured and calmed and information about the injury cause is requested.
- Mouth-to-mouth resuscitation is demonstrated.
- Treat bleeding wounds.
- Universal principles for dealing with infectious diseases are applied.
- A wound is checked for foreign objects.
- Serious bleeding is controlled using the most appropriate method, and the correct procedure.
- Treat an injured person for shock.
- Signs that indicate shock are accurately identified. Correct treatment procedures are demonstrated.
- Immobilise a fracture.
- A limb is immobilised using available materials.
- The injured person is not moved.
- Intervene in minor medical emergencies.
- A first aid box is accessed.
- The signs and symptoms associated with the condition are identified.
- Basic first aid is administered.
Accreditation & CPD Points:
As a Corporate Member of SAIOSH, ISO NET (Pty) Ltd submitted the Course and Training Material for adjudication.
SAIOSH certified this ISO NET (Pty) Ltd Course and awards it Verified – 5 CPD Points, see the Certificate below: